We currently have openings for our PreK/Kinder class!
This class is for Kindergarten students and those children who are ready for K, but who miss the state cut-off age for Kindergarten.
Selkirk School has been dedicated to fostering the love of learning in Preschool and Kindergarten children in the Sandpoint community since 1978.
Why Selkirk School?
- An individual focus on your child
- Experienced teachers with small class sizes
- Daily outside exploration on our expansive, 4 acre wooded property during all seasons/weather
- Child-centered, fun activities with integrated academic skills
- Weekly music and yoga/movement classes by local specialists
- Drama and self expression facilitated in play, art, and lessons
- Choice time and problem solving daily
- Optional extended Aftercare program
- Content for Kindergarten lessons based on Idaho State Standards
Our goal is for your child to have a positive, productive, and fun school experience. Each child’s strengths and needs are recognized and respected as we facilitate growth throughout the year. We believe a confident, curious, communicative child who links what they know to new experiences will become a joyful life long learner.