WE ARE NOW ENROLLING FOR OUR 3School Class!!!
Selkirk School has been dedicated to fostering the love of learning in Preschool and Kindergarten children in the Sandpoint community since 1978.
Why Selkirk School?
- An individual focus on your child
- Child-centered, fun activities with integrated academic skills
- Science and math strongly emphasized
- Weekly music and movement classes facilitated onsite by area specialists
- Foreign language skills incorporated into the daily rhythm
- Drama and self expression facilitated in play, art and lessons
- Choice time and problem solving daily
- Daily opportunities for all-season outside exploration on our expansive 4 acre wooded property
- Experienced teachers with small class sizes
- Optional extended Aftercare program
- Content for Kindergarten lessons based on Idaho State Standards
- Numerous community field trips
- Educational presentations onsite from area professionals
Our goal is for your child to have a positive, productive, and fun school experience. Each child’s strengths and needs are recognized and respected as we facilitate growth throughout the year. We believe a confident, curious, communicative child who links what they know to new experiences will become a joyful life long learner.