Welcome to Selkirk School!
Selkirk School has been dedicated to fostering the love of learning in preschool and kindergarten children in the Sandpoint community since 1978.
Why Selkirk School?
- An individual focus on your child
- Child centered, fun activities with integrated academic skills
- Science and math strongly emphasized
- Music and movement classes held regularly
- Foreign language skills incorporated into the daily rhythm
- Drama and self expression facilitated in play, art and lessons
- Choice and problem solving takes place each day
- Daily opportunities for outside adventure–hikes, sledding, running, exploring
- Certified teachers
- Small Class size
- Enrollment from 3 to 5 days a week
- 5-hour day
- Extended afternoon program for working families (Monday-Thursday 1-5:15)
- Content for Kindergarten lessons based on Idaho State Standards
- Because of the beautiful area we live in. To find out more about Sandpoint, visit SandpointOnline.com. For community events, click here.
Our goal is for your child to have a positive, productive and fun school experience. Each child’s strengths and needs are recognized and respected as we facilitate growth throughout the year. We believe a confident, curious, communicative child who links what they know to new experiences will become a joyful life long learner.