WE ARE NOW ENROLLING FOR OUR PRE-K/KINDERGARTEN CLASS!!!
Selkirk School has been dedicated to fostering the love of learning in Preschool and Kindergarten children in the Sandpoint community since 1978.
Why Selkirk School?
- An individual focus on your child
- Child-centered, fun activities with integrated academic skills
- Science and math strongly emphasized
- Weekly music and movement classes facilitated onsite by area specialists
- Foreign language skills incorporated into the daily rhythm
- Drama and self expression facilitated in play, art and lessons
- Choice time and problem solving daily
- Daily opportunities for all-season outside exploration on our expansive 4 acre wooded property
- Experienced teachers with small class sizes
- Optional extended Aftercare program
- Content for Kindergarten lessons based on Idaho State Standards
- Numerous community field trips
- Educational presentations onsite from area professionals
Our goal is for your child to have a positive, productive and fun school experience. Each child’s strengths and needs are recognized and respected as we facilitate growth throughout the year. We believe a confident, curious, communicative child who links what they know to new experiences will become a joyful life long learner.