Welcome to Selkirk School!
Selkirk School has been dedicated to fostering the love of learning in preschool and kindergarten children in the Sandpoint community since 1978.
We are currently at maximum capacity for pre-school, pre-K and Kindergarten classes. Call Selkirk School at 208-263-4931 or email now to to get on the waiting list for the 2017-18 school year, and for any spaces that may become available!
Why Selkirk School?
- An individual focus on your child
- Child centered, fun activities with integrated academic skills
- Science and math strongly emphasized
- Music and movement classes held regularly
- Foreign language skills incorporated into the daily rhythm
- Drama and self expression facilitated in play, art and lessons
- Choice and problem solving takes place each day
- Daily opportunities for outside adventure–hikes, sledding, running, exploring
- Certified teachers
- Small Class size
- Enrollment from 3 to 5 days a week
- 5-hour day
- Extended afternoon program for working families (Monday-Friday 1-5:15)
- Content for Kindergarten lessons based on Idaho State Standards
- Because of the beautiful area we live in. To find out more about Sandpoint, visit SandpointOnline.com. For community events, click here.
Our goal is for your child to have a positive, productive and fun school experience. Each child’s strengths and needs are recognized and respected as we facilitate growth throughout the year. We believe a confident, curious, communicative child who links what they know to new experiences will become a joyful life long learner.
Fundraiser Tickets »